With the increasing concerns about the Coronavirus outbreak, we want to inform you about the measures that Apple River State Bank and First Community Bank of Galena are undertaking during this unprecedented time. Please know that we are continually monitoring the situation and are taking precautions to ensure the health of our customers and our staff.
Effective Wednesday, March 18, 2020
In an effort to help limit the spread of the COVID-19 virus, we will begin closing our lobbies to the general public starting Wednesday March 18, 2020. We will allow customers in via appointment only for loans, new accounts and lock box access. This is an evolving situation and hope to have all our lobbies open soon.
Online Banking - Available 24/7 Register Here
Mobile Banking - Available 24/7
Digital Wallet - Apple and Google Pay
Scammers are taking advantage of fears surrounding the Coronavirus. They're setting up websites to sell bogus products, and using fake emails, texts, and social media posts as a ruse to take your money and get your personal information. For tips to help you keep the scammers at bay, visit the Federal Trade Commission website. Remember, Apple River State Bank or First Community Bank of Galena will never call you asking for your card number, personal PIN or account number(s). Please contact any of our bank offices immediately if you receive such a call requesting this Information.
Our priority is the safety and health of our customers, employees, and community while ensuring excellent service operations for our customers throughout this outbreak as well as compliance with governmental regulations and public health guidance. We want to assure you that Apple River State Bank has taken several measures to protect you and our employees:
1.To help prevent the spread of viruses, we’ve increased the precautions beyond those that we use each year during flu season. Employees are encouraged to wash their hands often, and while we have always made hand sanitizer available for customers and employees, we’ve added more and placed them in prominent locations.
2. Employees in support positions will have the ability to work from home or other remote locations, which will help keep operations functioning. As always, any employees who are feeling ill are encouraged to stay home, and we have taken additional steps to sanitize work areas.
3. If you’d rather not visit us at our branches, we’ll understand – but remember that you can bank with us in lots of other ways.
We encourage drive-up as a great way to conduct transactions.
You can also do much of your banking online at www.appleriverstatebank.com and you can deposit checks and transfer funds through our mobile app.
Use ACH and direct deposit to ensure your paychecks and social security deposits are secure and uninterrupted.
Talk with us by phone at (815) 777-6300.
Utilize one of over 30 ATM machines in Jo Daviess County. Click here for locations.
If you are not feeling well, we strongly encourage you to utilize any of these options as opposed to coming into the branch.
4. If you do visit one of our offices, you may see signs of additional protections. For instance, you may see some bankers wearing gloves when handling cash. And while we’re always happy to see you, we may choose a friendly wave over a handshake for the time being.
5. When possible use your debit card instead of handling cash. This may help reduce your risk of exposure.
6. As always, if we need to communicate quickly with you, we can reach you through our website, by email, phone, and some communications over Facebook. Please make sure that we have your up-to-date contact information so that we may be able to quickly contact you in the case of an emergency or fraud detection.
The CDC recommends precautions to keep you and your family healthy. More information can be found on the CDC website.
As many of you know, this is an evolving health situation and we will continue to adapt to the conditions and will remain active and financially strong within our community.
Staying connected with our customers is a big source of this strength, so feel free to call us anytime at 815-777-6300. Be assured that the health of our clients and staff is the number one priority.